Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Spot In The Spirit, Not All Weights Are Iron

Today while I was training one of my clients, I saw a gentleman who I knew from another facility where I previously worked out. I asked him if he went to the North High School football game the night before and he said "no". I could see by the look in his eyes that something was troubling him. Then he told me that his dad had passed away the day before. His dad was lifting weights in his basement and fell and hit his head, and my friend told me that he had called his dad on Tuesday and didn't get an answer so he thought since he hadn't heard from his dad he would go check on him and found him Friday. After he told me about what happened, I just couldn't stop thinking about it and how it was affecting him. I had this overwhelming feeling to do something, but what could I do. I finished with what was my last client of the day and waited for my friend to finish the set he was doing and went to him and asked him if I could pray for him and his response was"yes please do". And I prayed for him right there in the gym, as tears flowed from his eyes I prayed that God would comfort him and his family through this time, and that the peace that passeth all understanding would rest upon him. What do you say to someone in times like this, I know whenever I am faced with trying to bring comfort to folks in their time of loss, it can be very hard. But I've learned to trust the spirit and let HIM lead and speak through me, and don't try to make sense of it just pray for peace and comfort. If you pray please pray for my friend. His name is Eric and he's a good guy and your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment